In our ongoing mission to provide employment and training opportunities to people with disabilities or other barriers to employment, Goodwill offers the Ticket-to-Work (TTW) Program. Ticket-to-Work supports career development for Social Security disability beneficiaries ages 18 through 64 who want to work. The program is free and voluntary and helps people with disabilities progress toward financial independence.
Currently receiving SSI or SSDI benefits, ages 18 through 64, able to meet the essential functions of the program/job with or without reasonable accommodations, willing to job search on a weekly basis, and able to work in the United States legally (proof of citizenship or immigration status required).
TICKET-TO-WORK PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Trial Work Period (SSDI Recipients Only): The Trial Work Period (TWP) allows you to test your ability to work for at least nine months. During your TWP, you will receive full SSDI benefits no matter how much you earn as long as your work activity is reported and you have a disabling impairment.
- Expedited Reinstatement: If your benefits stopped because of your earning level, you can request to have your benefits reinstated without having to complete a new application. While Social Security determines your benefits reinstatement, you are eligible to receive temporary benefits for up to six months.
- Protection from Medical Continuing Disability Reviews: If you assign your Ticket to an approved service provider before you receive notice of a Medical Continuing Disability Review, you will not have to undergo the medical review while you are participating in the Ticket to Work program and making progress within Social Security’s timeframes.
EACH INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT IS PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Career assessment
- Help preparing résumés and filling out job applications
- Job leads and job search training
- Free internet and phone job search
- Interview preparation and support
- Access to educational and training resources
- Employment advocacy
For more information about our Ticket-to-Work Program, visit a Goodwill Employment Center or contact Jovana Covarrubias at (619) 844-4392 or email@example.com.