GOODWILL’S TRI-CITY RETAIL STORE HOSTS SPECIAL MILITARY EVENTS
As the eighth-largest city in the United States and second-largest in the state of California, our warm weather and beautiful beaches attract many people. More than 13 percent of our population is made up of military veterans, approximately 240,000 people. In fact, San Diego has the largest concentration of military personnel in the country. 100,000 San Diego residents are active duty personnel that primarily belong to the Navy or Marine branches of the military. The work and sacrifice of our military provide us with the freedom and security that make our country so desirable. There is so much that we want to do to thank our military and their families for their service. It can often be challenging to demonstrate this gratitude. At Goodwill San Diego, we support our active military every day by giving them a 10 percent discount off all their purchases at our Goodwill stores and we provide specialized services for veterans and their families that include training and employment opportunities.
And now, our retail store located in the Crossroads Shopping Center in the Tri-City area of Oceanside will be hosting the following events to help military families prepare for special occasions with the complimentary assistance of a Goodwill wardrobe stylist. An additional discount will also be available to military families at these events. The daily discount is 10 percent, it will be 20 percent at all of the Sunday events. Additionally, Goodwill retail stores and bookstores do not charge sales tax at any time.
- Sunday, September 16, the Tri-City Goodwill retail store will have a fresh and full area of the store that will be dedicated to Halloween costumes. Our military guests will receive complimentary stylist assistance putting together unique, custom costumes or selecting from already pre-assembled outfits.
- Sunday, October 21, a well-stocked section of the Tri-City retail store will be dedicated to Marine Corps ball attire including gowns, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Everything you need to put together the perfect gala look at an affordable price. Sizes from 2 to 22 will be available.
- Sunday, November 18, a huge assortment of ugly sweaters will be available for our military customers. This is a great opportunity to find a fun and funky sweater that is sure to get some attention at your holiday ugly sweater party. If you don’t have an ugly sweater party to attend, why not host one?
- Sunday, December 16, find the perfect little black dress at this location. Short, mid and long dresses will be on hand to help you look perfect at any holiday party. All of the right accessories will be available too, jewelry, coats, scarves, gloves, hats and handbags.
- Sunday, January 20, get ready to make 2019 a year of fitness. We will have a big display of athletic wear including leggings, athletic shoes, socks, sports bras, shorts and hoodies, for all of your workout needs. Combine no sales tax with 20 percent off and that results in a fitness look that is sure to motivate you!
Please remember to bring your military identification to receive the full benefits of this promotion.
We look forward to meeting and supporting our military.
Goodwill Oceanside Tri-City Retail Store
3817 Plaza Drive #B, Oceanside CA 92056
Mon-Sat 9AM-8PM, Sun 10AM-6PM
Goodwill San Diego uses the revenue generated from the sale of donated goods at its retail thrift stores and after-market facilities to support the operation of paid job training programs and employment services. Goodwill is a multi-faceted organization that includes job placement assistance for people with disabilities, veterans, underserved young adults ages 18 to 25, and people with other barriers to employment.